Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Beginnings

The world is changing, and I’m going to change with it. While change can be confusing and unwelcome, it can also be exciting and a relief. In the last few weeks, we have witnessed a change in our country that has created excitement, hope and renewed pride. My life as an artist used to require only pencils, pens, paint, dye and wax. Now it includes connecting with a much larger world through my computer… and so begins my life as a blogger!

I am an artist living and working in coastal Maine. Life as a batik artist, and the business that grows from it, have been my primary focus for many years. In this new year, I am excited about shifts in focus and attention that will lead to new artistic and business opportunities. My old business, Sunfire Batiks, has evolved into a new business, Suzanne Drown Art and Design.

In this blog, I hope to share more about my journey as an artist, and invite my many artist/designer friends to also share about their journeys. Look for more posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment