Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tie Dye Day...March 19 !

When a piece of clothing gets worn or stained and seems to be ruined what do you do? My answer is to tie dye it! My family teases me now that if there is a problem my solution no matter the challenge is to dye it!

Now here is your chance to test the theory. Bring your gently used or new cotton (natural materials work...cotton is best) to my class "Tie Dye Day" and create something colorful and new. Details are below!

Tie Dye Day
I’ll provide the dye and equipment; you bring items you want to transform. We’ll spend the morning folding, twisting, tying and dyeing to create colorful accents for your apparel or home. Possible items to dye: cotton t-shirts, scarves, tote bags, table runners… any natural fabric.
Older children with an adult, teens and adults are welcome.

Date: Saturday March 19
Location: So Po Art Studios, South Portland, ME
Time: 10am -1 pm
Fee: $20 (Sign-up for 2 and pay just $15 each)
Once you register, I will send a list of additional suggested items for dying.

For more information or to register contact me via e-mail at sue@suzannedrown.com or call me at 409-4897.

No comments:

Post a Comment