Monday, June 1, 2009

A Piece of Art A Day Challenge


Creating a new piece of art everyday, I know that this sounds like a simple thing to do especially for someone who make their living as an artist! I have felt like lately creating new work is getting a bit lost! Between what I need to do to promote my business, teaching, taking care of my family and working a part time job I have not been working on the new as much I would like! What to do?
I am going to challenge to myself to create a piece of art a day. Draw, paint, batik, big, small, does not matter, just that I create something new! My hope is to change my focus and develop a new habit. I will plan to post some of my favorites in the future.
Want to join me? Let me know!!
Interestingly enough I just found this great source of inspiration for my challenge while reading the Design Sponge! The Museum of Pocket Art which features business card size art promoting the idea that everyone should be able to carry great art with them to inspire and share!
Check out both sites! Stay tuned and get creating!

1 comment:

  1. Carpe Art du jour! I know what you mean about finding time to make art. I have actually started filling in my calendar with hours labeled for studio/sketching work only. It's nice to promote, sell and talk about art, but even nicer to make it! -L

    ReplyDelete